MIXIT↑™ DuraTek™ Micro-USB to USB Cable
Not just any charge cable, DuraTek was forged from superior quality materials for ultimate durability. Kevlar® fibers reinforce the inner wiring for added strength, abrasion-resistant nylon forms a tough outer jacket, and highly flexible insulation minimizes damage from friction. The strength created by these resilient ingredients is further enhanced by smart design details to reinforce the cable at its stress points. This ensures the finished product can withstand even the most demanding routines, and perform above and beyond expectation to deliver a cable that borders on indestructible.
- Kevlar®-reinforced conductors provide added durability
- Longer, flexible strain relief absorbs stress from bending to prevent breakage
- Double-braided nylon forms flexible, durable cable jacket
- Aluminum casing protects circuit board inside connector
- Flexible insulation reduces friction
- 4-foot length
- Supports 2.4A charging
Built with DuPont™ Kevlar®
One of the key ingredients of DuraTek's secret strength is Kevlar. This super-strong fiber is used the world over for everything from bulletproof vests and crash helmets to surfboards and extreme sports gear. Strong Kevlar strands are built into the cable adding ultimate strength. Able to flex without stretching, these fibers provide structure to keep the wires inside from damage.
The external cable jacket is made from a premium and hard-wearing nylon. Double braiding is a technique used in rope making and gives maximum strength and added resilience.
1. Kevlar® a high strength synthetic fiber used as a reinforcing agent to strengthen the conductors and enhance protection
2. Drain wiring helps with added protection
3. Insulated conductors reduce friction while creating added flexibility and protection
4. Shield-braid and metalized Mylar shielding help to protect the cable from external electro magnetic interference
5. Thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) cable jacket is soft, pliable, and environmentally friendly
6. Double-braided nylon exterior is abrasion resistant, reducing fraying and lasting longer
Inside the cable, many wires co-exist to provide better functionality and connectivity. Insulation protects the wires from damage as the cable bends and flexes, but some can cause stiffness, affecting the overall suppleness of the cable. The highly flexible insulation within DuraTek minimizes friction, allowing the cable to bend easily and the wires within to move without damage.