iMac 21.5-inch: 2.3GHz
iMac with Retina display.
A desktop experience that draws you in and keeps you there. This is the idea behind iMac. And now that idea is more powerful than ever. The new iMac is packed with all-new processors, the latest graphics technologies, innovative storage, and higher-bandwidth connectivity.
2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
- 21.5-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display
- 1920‑by‑1080 resolution with support for millions of colors
- 8GB of 2133MHz DDR4 memory
- 1TB (5400-rpm) hard drive
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
Video Support and Camera
- FaceTime HD camera
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors (21.5-inch) or 1 billion colors (21.5-inch 4K) and: Support and Camera
- One 5120‑by‑2880 (5K) external display at 60Hz with support for 1 billion colors, or
- Two 3840-by-2160 (4K UHD) external displays at 60Hz with support for 1 billion colors, or
- Two 4096‑by‑2304 (4K) external displays at 60Hz with support for millions of colors
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI, and VGA output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
Connections and Expansion
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- SDXC card slot
- Four USB 3 ports (compatible with USB 2)
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI, and VGA supported using adapters (sold separately)
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Kensington lock slot
- Magic Keyboard comes standard with your iMac. It’s wireless and rechargeable (so you won’t be replacing batteries), with an ultracompact, edge-to-edge design that wastes no surface space. It has a stable scissor mechanism, optimized key travel, and a low profile that provide control and comfort. And it pairs immediately with your iMac right out of the box.
Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
- You get all the functionality of Magic Keyboard, with an extended layout that makes it even easier to work and play. Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad includes document navigation controls — page up, page down, home, and end — and full-size arrow keys that are perfect for navigating pro apps, moving through spreadsheets, and playing games.
Magic Mouse 2
- Magic Mouse 2 comes standard with your iMac. The design of Magic Mouse 2 lets it glide smoothly across your desk. And since it supports Multi-Touch, you can use simple gestures on its surface to do things such as swipe between web pages and scroll through documents.
Magic Trackpad 2
- If you prefer using a trackpad, Magic Trackpad 2 gives you the full range of Multi-Touch gestures and introduces Force Touch to the desktop. Sensors underneath the trackpad surface detect subtle differences in the amount of pressure you apply, bringing more functionality to your fingertips and enabling a deeper connection to your content. This design, along with a low profile, makes it extremely comfortable to use.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- 21.5-inch iMac
- Height: 45.0 cm (17.7 inches)
- Width: 52.8 cm (20.8 inches)
- Stand depth: 17.5 cm (6.9 inches)
- Weight: 5.66 kg (12.5 pounds)2
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100–240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F )
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 3,000 meters
- macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Mojave brings new features inspired by its most powerful users, but designed for everyone. So you can get more out of every click.
- Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new iMac. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things.
- Voice Memos
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
What's in the box
In the box
- 21.5‑inch iMac
- Magic Keyboard
- Magic Mouse 2
- Power cord
- Lightning to USB Cable